About Me

My photo
I am studying at Gloria Junior High School. I in grade 9 now. This year, I just celebrated my 14 birthday! if you want to know me specifically, read my blog.

Friday, November 26, 2010

legend of Surabaya


Surabaya
            
            Surabaya, provincial capital of east java and Indonesia’s second – largest city, served of “Surabaya” come from the legendary battle between a shark called as;”Sura” and crocodile called as;”Baya”. Surabaya known as”City of heroes”, because of its role it the nation’s Independence struggle, has grown into an elegant city of large, colonnaded buildings bordering broad tree shaded avenues.


The city’s historical sites include Gold River or “Kali Mas” harbor with its tall-massed trading schooners and and, nearby, the narrow alleyways and shops of the Arabian quarter, redolent of the middle-east. Many years ago Surabaya has one of Southeast Asia’s oldest and largest 200’s. But now, the zoos will be closed for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment